Education and Bar Admission
- Called to the Quebec Bar, 2020
- Licence in Civil Law, University of Ottawa, 2019
- Certificate in Business Administration, Université du Québec en Outaouais, 2013
Areas of Practice
- Civil and commercial litigation
- Disciplinary law
- Construction law
- Housing law
Émie joined the team as a lawyer in 2021. She was called to the Quebec Bar in 2020 after completing her articles with the Office municipal d’habitation de Montréal. Émie received her Bachelor of Laws, Cooperative Program from University of Ottawa in 2019. She also holds a Certificate in Business Administration from Université du Québec en Outaouais (2013).
During her studies in law, Émie worked as a research assistant for a renowned professor and former minister as well as for a former SCC Justice. She also helped draft several papers for publication.
Carrying out of about thirty representation mandates before the Tribunal administratif du logement for cooperative housing corporations and housing NPOs as part of disputes regarding, among others, problems related to behaviour, public health and non-payment of rent.
Carrying out of various access to information mandates before the Commission d’accès à l’information.
Conferences and Publications
- Les servitudes, les enclaves et les droits de passage : que faut-il savoir?, a lecture delivered before the Corporation des officiers municipaux en bâtiment et en environnement du Québec on April 19, 2021
- Les droits des élus municipaux à la représentation juridique, a lecture delivered before the Fédération québécoise des municipalités on April 30, 2021
- Drafting of an article entitled "L’acceptabilité sociale, un obstacle aux projets de construction ?" for BâtiVert magazine, special 2021 summer edition, pages 24-25
- Updating of JurisClasseur Québec, fascicle 16 of municipal law regarding adjudication regulations, in July 2020
Professional and Community Involvement
- Research lawyer and speaker for Pro Bono Students Canada (2015-2016)
- Cofounder and Vice-President of University of Ottawa’s Association en droit constitutionnel des étudiantes et étudiants (2015-2018)
- Member of the Comité de mentorat of the Association des étudiantes et étudiants en droit civil de l’Outaouais (2017-2018)