Education and Bar Admission
- Called to the Quebec Bar, 2017
- Bachelor of Laws, Université de Montréal, 2016
- Certificate in Introduction to Chinese International Law, China University of Political Science and Law, 2014
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Middle Eastern Studies, McGill University, 2013
Areas of Practice
- Civil and commercial litigation
- Professional disciplinary law
- Real estate law
After graduating from the Université de Montréal, Malia Mediouni was called to the Quebec Bar in 2017. She also holds a Bachelor of Arts from McGill University, where she double-majored in Political Science and Middle Eastern Studies.
Malia is interested in multiple fields of law, both at the national and international levels. She therefore enhanced her academic training with a Certificate in Introduction to Chinese International Law at the China University of Political Science and Law in Beijing in 2014 as well as a semester abroad at the University of Adelaide, Australia, in 2015. Malia completed various internships and took part in a number of seminars and research projects, including collaborations with Pro Bono Québec. She was part of the Université de Montréal delegation to the prestigious Willem c. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot in Vienna in 2015.
Before joining the firm, Malia articled in the legal department of a major North American company where she gained extensive experience in real estate law and commercial litigation. Sarrazin+Plourde draws on her expertise in general litigation and professional disciplinary cases.
Committed to the progress of the legal community, Malia has taken a keen interest in information technology (IT) adoption and the implementation of a paperless court system. She is also actively involved in the legal community, sitting on the Executive Committee of the Young Lawyers Section of the Canadian Bar Association.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Young Lawyers Section of the Canadian Bar Association (2018 to present)
- Internship at the Legal Aid Clinic of the Université de Montréal (2016)
- Volunteering at Pro Bono Québec (2014-2015)
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Montreal Children’s Health Alliance at McGill (MCHAM) (2009-2012)