Education and Bar Admission
- Master's degree in health law and policy, Université de Sherbrooke, 2019
- Master's degree in North American Common Law, Université de Montréal, 2007
- Seminar on advocacy techniques, Université de Sherbrooke, 2007
- Called to the Quebec Bar, 2004
- Bachelor of Laws, Université de Montréal, 2003
Areas of Practice
- Disciplinary law
- Professional law
- Criminal Law
- Access to information
Admitted to the Quebec Bar in 2004, Me Guertin practices professional law. Her practice focuses on advising professional orders and representing syndic offices before the courts in disciplinary matters and in matters of illegal practice of the profession. She has extensive experience in litigation and knowledge management.
Me Guertin's past experiences within professional orders make her an advisor of choice because of her increased knowledge of the issues and concerns experienced by her clients on a daily basis. She stands out thanks to her qualities as a popularizer and her efficiency.
Me Guertin's clientele is made up of professional orders seeking to adopt best practices in order to effectively fulfill their mission of protecting the public. She accompanies them with rigor and great listening.
She chose Sarrazin Plourde because the firm values a creative vision in the solutions offered to clients and the actions taken to contribute to the improvement of the law.
- Véronique Guertin, “The role of the legal advisor within a professional order”, presented as part of the professional law course offered to students of the Bachelor of Laws at Université Laval in May 2018
- Véronique Guertin, “Dispensing opticians and their code of ethics”, presented as part of the continuing education program of the Order of Dispensing Opticians of Quebec in February 2018