Gratton, Ph. D.
Lawyer / Partner
Education and Bar Admission
- Called to the Quebec Bar, 2013
- Bachelor of Laws, Université de Montréal, 2011
- Doctor of Philosophy in Experimental Medicine, McGill University, 1996
- Bachelor of Science, Interdepartmental Honours in Immunology, McGill University, 1990
Areas of Practice
- Civil and commercial litigation
- Professional disciplinary law
Sophie Gratton graduated from Université de Montréal in 2011 and was called to the Bar in 2013. She joined the firm after having served as a law clerk to the Honourable Yves‑Marie Morissette of the Court of Appeal of Quebec. Her practice focuses on professional disciplinary law, in particular representing syndics of various professional orders before disciplinary councils.
Sophie also practices civil and commercial litigation and has acquired extensive experience in the area of construction law and calls for tenders, acting on behalf of independent contractors and para-public agencies alike.
Prior to attending law school, she earned a Bachelor of Science and a PhD at McGill University and worked as a biomedical researcher for several years.
Conferences and Publications
- Sophie Gratton, “L’impact de la commercialisation de la recherche académique sur les responsabilités du chercheur biomédical” (2012) 17:2 Lex Electronica, online: http://www.lex-electronica.org/s/146.
- Marie Annik Grégoire et Sophie Gratton, “La légalité des baux de résidences privées pour personnes âgées: Étude réflexive sur l’effectivité des droits dans un contexte de vieillissement de la population” (2011) 70 Revue du Barreau, 473-508, online: https://www.barreau.qc.ca/pdf/publications/revue/2011-tome-70-2.pdf.
- Sir Lomer Gouin Prize awarded to the second-highest ranking first-year law student at the Université de Montréal (2009)
- Borden Ladner Gervais Grant to perform research under the supervision of professor Marie Annik Grégoire (2009)
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Law Faculty of the Université de Montréal (2018 to present)
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Fondation des Camps Odyssée (2016 to present)
- Vice-president of the Executive Committee of the Institut de recherches cliniques de Montréal Alumni Association (2004-2006)
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Fondation de l’École Buissonnière (2004-2005)